Who is this training for?
For the YOGA TEACHER seeking additional training to be more trauma-informed in their classes
For the YOGA STUDENT looking to integrate mind-body skills and techniques to support their own trauma healing
For the MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL interested in incorporating yoga and somatic healing methods into their work with clients
What to Expect
What You’ll Walk Away With
- Learn the “why” behind Trauma-Informed Yoga, and gain an understanding of how it is a helpful tool for trauma healing.
- Learn ways that trauma impacts the nervous system, including particular areas of human anatomy that are frequently impacted by trauma.
- Learn ways to hold space for individuals impacted by trauma and/or an overwhelmed nervous system in a variety of settings, in a way that is inclusive and empowering
- Learn how to implement Trauma-Informed Yoga skills within your relevant scope of practice
- Gain an understanding of how to apply Trauma-Informed Yoga skills to individuals and/or groups with population-specific needs
- Experiential learning: You’ll get to practice Trauma-Informed Yoga as both a student and a teacher/facilitator in this training class!
- Practice svadhyaya (self-study) through reflective journaling, peer-to-peer feedback, and group discussions
- An understanding of why Trauma-Informed Yoga is such a profoundly beneficial tool for healing and recovery
- The knowledge of how to implement Trauma-Informed Yoga programming within your scope of practice
- Confidence through experiential learning that you can implement Trauma-Informed Yoga skills right away to support your students/clients and yourself
- Sample Trauma-Informed Yoga class sequences and guided meditations
Certificate of Completion
(For registered yoga teachers only)